Despite recent progress, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities still face significant barriers to achieving meaningful, rewarding employment.
Project SEARCH works to combat this problem by focusing on the transition from high school to adult life—a critical juncture for establishing lifelong patterns. We prepare young people to enter the workforce so they can achieve personal fulfillment and enhanced self-sufficiency as contributing members of their communities.
With your help, we can continue to expand the reach of Project SEARCH. Your donations support the following critical activities:
- Dissemination of Project SEARCH philosophy and practices
- Technical assistance to help our partner organizations establish self-sustainable program sites.
- Program improvement through the professional development of job coaches, teachers, and other professionals via the Project SEARCH Training Institute.
- Development of new course offerings and modes of content delivery for the Project SEARCH Training Institute.
- Research to explore, test, and implement best practices in transition.