Professional Education and Training
An important part of Project SEARCH’s mission is education through which we can share best practices and promote continuous improvement of our programs. Our goal is to provide the tools and technical assistance needed to maximize employment outcomes for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
2020 Conference Cancelled due to COVID-19
Dear Project SEARCH Friends:
With great disappointment, we are writing now to notify you that we are cancelling the 2020 Project SEARCH Conference due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are deeply saddened by this turn of events, but also mindful that it is necessary in order to ensure the safety of everyone in our Project SEARCH family. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you’ve already registered and paid for this year’s conference, you will be receiving a full refund for your registration.
- If you paid via credit card on our registration website, refunds will be returned automatically within 24-48 hours of the time that we process the cancellation.
- If you paid outside of the registration website (e.g. PO, check, credit card via Cincinnati Children’s), the process will take longer as we work with our internal accounting team to process refunds.
- Stay tuned for information on these virtual events that will be offered at no cost during the conference week:
- State of Project SEARCH Address with Erin Riehle and Susie Rutkowski
- Virtual Awards Ceremony to announce Outcome Awards and Spotlight on Model Fidelity Awards
- Planning for the 2021 Conference is already in full swing! Please plan on joining us in Milwaukee, WI, July 12 – 16, 2021. Milwaukee, located on beautiful Lake Michigan, is the capital of summer festivals, and home to a flying art museum, beer, cheese curds, and so much more! Wisconsin is a state with a strong commitment to Project SEARCH that starts in the Governor’s office and extends to the 30 teams throughout the state. They are looking forward to hosting us at the Milwaukee Hilton and Convention Center. Watch this fun (short) video and learn more about Milwaukee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxURHFc3Fw8.
- We will be returning to the Baltimore Hilton Inner Harbor for the 2022 Project SEARCH conference. Mark your calendars for the week of July 25, 2022!
Please be patient with us as we navigate this process. We will keep you informed on when you can expect your refunds. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Project SEARCH Business Office (ProjectSEARCHBusinessOffice@cchmc.org ).
Our international team will continue to reach out and work with your sites through our Project SEARCH member portal, video conference, email, and phone calls. And as soon as it is safe and permitted, we will resume scheduling in person visits! We are here to help as you navigate the start of the Project SEARCH year, start new sites, find competitive integrated employment, and keep yourselves physically and emotionally healthy through this uncharted territory.
With gratitude for all you do,
Erin, Susie, Luke and Brian
Call for Nominations – Spotlight on Model Fidelity Award
Nomination Process Complete as of April, 30, 2020
**Due to COVID-19, award winners will be recognized via a virtual event. Date to be announced.**
The Project SEARCH Conference Planning Team is seeking nominees for the Second Annual Spotlight on Model Fidelity Awards. We give these special awards to celebrate inspiring program site teams that embrace Project SEARCH Core Model Fidelity while applying their own unique passion, style, and initiative.
- Spotlight on Innovative Employment: Project SEARCH recognizes that good outcomes are not just about the number of jobs, but about the quality of those jobs too. We will recognize a team whose graduating interns consistently succeed in rewarding careers that make full use of the skills and experience they gained in their internships.
- Spotlight on Transformative Collaboration: This award recognizes a team that exemplifies the synergy that happens when the team is truly unified, each partner organization is engaged fully, and all partners honor each other for the resources and expertise they bring to the table.
- Spotlight on Host Business Excellence: This award recognizes a team with a host business that is a dynamic Project SEARCH partner. This host business goes above-and-beyond to create a welcoming environment and ensure the success of every
Thank you for submitting your excellent nominations!
Thank you to our platinum sponsor:
**Photos courtesy of Rick Buettner**